Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Megan Rambles About If I Should Die

If I Should Die by Amy Plum
From Goodreads:I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?



Warning. There may be  minor spoilers for Die for Me and Until I Die below!

I'm going to start this review by saying that I am so incredibly sad that this series has ended. When I first read Die for Me I fell in love with Amy Plum's Revenants and the Paris city depicted in the books. It made me want to jump on the next plane to France even though I know basically no French, am a broke teenager with a book buying addiction, and would never be allowed to travel overseas without parental supervision. 

After the ending of Until I Die I was basically holding my breath for the last book in the trilogy. I wasn't sure how on earth Amy Plum was going to solve everything that needed to be solved in the final book and my expectations were extremely high. If I Should Die definitely didn't disappoint! It was the perfect end to the series!

All of my favorite characters were back and better than ever! As a result of the ending of Until I Die Kate is on her own and has to learn how to not only defend herself but also how to fight back as she fights desperately to get Vincent back. I loved that this book was still focused on their romance but Kate proved that she wasn't just a damsel in distress. She can take care of herself. Her sister Georgia also really stepped up to the plate in this book and she provided some comedic relief while helping her sister big time. 

There was also a lot of closure for all of the characters in this book. Amy Plum did a really excellent job of giving all of the characters an ending that answered most of the questions that I had. Not all of  the endings were happy, but they were satisfying all the same. 

This book was also full of so many twists and turns that I couldn't keep up with it. The plot was fast paced and action packed, leaving me surprised multiple times. Just when I thought the rest of the focus of the book was going to be on one thing, BAM! There would be a twist that sent the plot in a complete different direction. It made the book interesting and I just wanted to keep reading until I was done. 

There were tears, there were laughs, and I was left feeling really satisfied with the ending to one of my favorite series. If I wasn't a big Amy Plum fan before, I am now! I think this was the best book in the series and I'll definitely be reading any future Amy Plum Projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment