Monday, December 12, 2011

Rachel Rambles About Silence

Hello there. Who wants to procrastinate doing homework by rambling about hot guys? *raises hand*

Okay then. Here is SILENCE by Becca Fitzpatrick:

From Goodreads:

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


In case you don't know this already, Silence is the third book in a series. An amazing series. I bought it a few months ago, on the day it came out, I believe. But with my huge TBR pile and NaNoWriMo and um, that little thing called school, I haven't had the chance to read it until now.


So I finally sat down to read it. And I finished it in like, twenty four hours. Not that that is very unusual for me or anything. But still. I literally couldn't put it down.


Now, I loved the first two books in this series (Hush, Hush and Crescendo). But I have to admit that I was wary about reading Silence. It couldn't possibly be good as Hush, Hush or Crescendo.


Um, yes it could be. YOU GUYS. This book is amazing!


When I read the front flap of the book and saw that Nora's freaking memory was gone, I started freaking out a little bit. I was all "Becca Fitzpatrick what are you doing how can Nora not remember anything this plot will never work!" 


I was way off. I loved this book from the first page. It was just as good as the first two, MAYBE EVEN BETTER.


And since this is a RAMBLE, I don't have to filter my thoughts in any way or organize them or anything. So, I might as well show you what I'm thinking right at the moment.


patchpatchpatchpatchpatchpatchpatchPATCHPATCHPATCHPATCHPATCHPATCH
PATCHPATCHPATCHPATCHPATCHAPTACHPATCHpatchpatchcatpatchpatchpatch


I am not ashamed to admit it.


I LOVE PATCH. He is hot and sarcastic and sexy and mysterious and a bit violent and kind of scary and NOT PERFECT. In fact, he has a lot of flaws. Which I think is why I love him so much. Despite everything that's happened to him, despite all the things he's done, there is something about him that still makes me trust him.

Also. The kissing scenes. The kissing scenes are the best thing ever.

And I have another confession. I grew to really like Nora in this book. She used to annoy me sometimes. Or do stupid things that made me cringe. I mean, I still loved her, but there were some moments where I was like "NORA WHAT ARE YOU DOING UGGGH" and then I banged my head against the wall.

Through these books, I have seen her evolve into a very strong character. The normal high school girl from Hush, Hush is gone, and a tough, badass chick is in her place. Nora really made me love her in this book. Even though her memory was, um, gone, and she had a whole lot of scary crap going on in her life, she held her own. She's not dependent on Patch to come swooping in to save her. And I am very proud of her for that.

Oh god. I just did that thing where I talk about the characters like they're my friends. *sighs* Oh well. I'm sure that's normal.


Anywho. So, this book had it all. It had funny moments and scary moments and action packed moments. And kissing. Sexy, steamy kissing. And funny moments too. MY KIND OF BOOK. But really all I care about is the kissing. <--Lies. Slander.

But seriously. Patch? Even if the rest of the book completely sucked (which it totally does not), I would still read it for him, and HIM ALONE. Because he is amazing. He's not just hot. (Although, he is.) There is so much more to him than that. He is a really deep character with lots and lots of layers. And really, I just love him. I love him and Nora together, I love how much he loves her. He is the best.

*swoons*
And now I just have to wait for the fourth book to come out.
These sequels are KILLING ME.
But they are worth it.
So anyway. I'm not sure if the above even made sense. These rambles are fun though. Just typingtypingtyping shooting your thoughts out into the internet without a filter or anything.

Okay, okay. I'm leaving.

-Rachel

PS- Seriously. Patch. <33333



 

No comments:

Post a Comment