Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hi... *waves awkwardly*

So, um, Megan and I have kind of failed at blogging lately, haven't we? Sorry about that. I mean, we have an excuse. School has been super intense and it's been stressing us out a lot, which makes me very sad, but there's not much we can do.

Hopefully now that midterms and stuff are over things will get a little less crazy. Like, maybe we'll stop drowning in homework? I don't know.

I feel like this whole school year has been a thousand times more stressful and busy than ever. I don't know what it is, but yeah, I've kind of maybe been reduced to tears a few times? Which is not good. But nothing about high school is really good, so you know, whatever. :P

So school's been killing me and it's been sucking up all my time, and I haven't had much time to read since like December. I believe I've only read about twelve books in 2013 so far, and since my average is usually about ten books a month, twelve books in a little over two months is a serious decline. Especially since about eight thousand sequels I've been DYING to read have come out recently. (Prodigy, Sever, Through the Ever Night, The Madness Underneath...need I go on?) I just want to take a month off from school and sit and read and blog and do nothing else. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?!

Oh dear, I'm ranting. When I started writing this, I promised myself I wouldn't rant. *sighs*

But anyway, I've been trying to find time to blog, but I feel like 2013 has kind of been a really terrible year for me. My life seems to revolve around school, homework, and sleep. And no matter what I do, I still can't seem to get enough sleep! (I mean, studies have shown that teenagers need approximately EIGHT THOUSAND hours of sleep, right?)

I really didn't want this post to be a list of complaints. I'm just trying to explain myself, I guess. You see, I have such big dreams for this blog! All I want to do is get to a point where I (and Megan :P) can post consistently and get a fancy professional-looking blog design and have lots of awesome followers and generally not completely fail at blogging, but it's hard! It's hard to juggle school and...well, it's hard to juggle school and ANYTHING right now. I keep waiting for things to slow down a little bit, so I maybe have some time to breathe, but lately I've been thinking that things aren't going to stop being so intense and stressful until I graduate...in two and a half years. (I'm not crying! There's just something in my eye...like a branch or a twig...)

School sucks, is the point I guess I'm trying to make. I just want to have time to read and blog and tweet and talk to my lovely internet friends, but I just don't have that time right now. So it looks like we're going to continue this totally inconsistent schedule where we post stuff whenever we find the time. I hate it, but there doesn't seem to be much we can do, unless we want to fail school. Yeah, no thanks.

I don't even know what the point of this post is supposed to be. I guess I just wanted to let you guys know that Megan and I are still alive, and we still love this blog, but we're super crazy busy so we kind of can't post that much.

But enough of me complaining and making excuses! While I'm here, let me tell you about something fun that happened recently! :D

WE WENT TO A MAUREEN JOHNSON SIGNING.

My sister Lauren, me, MAUREEN FREAKING JOHNSON, our friend Katherine, and Megan.
LOOK AT US. LOOK AT OUR HAPPY FACES. LOOK AT OUR BEAUTIFUL STARE SHIRTS THAT WE TOTALLY BEDAZZLED.

As I just spent this entire post saying, I haven't exactly been the happiest person lately. :P So to meet an author who is one of my heroes and one of my top three favorite authors ever (the other two being Sarah Dessen and John Green), well, I was absolutely GIDDY with excitement. I spent the entire car ride home with this huge smile plastered on my face, and I swear I fell asleep still smiling. :)

Needless to say, it was quite amazing to feel so HAPPY that night. Maureen is so awesome and hilarious and it was a totally surreal experience to actually meet her! I think we'll probably try to type up a whole special blog post on the experience because we have so many things to say!

Anyway. Yeah, I don't know what this post is even supposed to be. I guess I just wanted to say sorry for being so bad at blogging lately. :P

-Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Hey now, don't be so hard on yourself! To me, blogging is more about quality than quantity. Besides, chances are your readers are either also in high school or once upon a time were in high school, so we understand how life can be. Chin up! Oh, and I am SO FREAKING JEALOUS that you all got to meet Maureen! Seriously, I wish she'd come to my part of the country sometime, but alas, no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. School. The natural enemy of us bloggers. *sigh* It'll be over soon! :) A few years can fly by so quickly! And you got to meet Maureen Johnson! That is AMAZING!!! I absolutely love her! That's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting Maureen Johnson=AWESOME. Being in high school=the most stressful. I don't know how you ever find the time to read or blog at all. Pretty much the only reading for fun I did in HS was on my fifteen minute breaks at my job in the library children's room. I'd grab a book and seriously SPRINT to the breakroom. I promise, it gets better (but, um, maybe not for a little while? But it totally does eventually.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to apologize lady. School sucks and you're awesome enough to be doing school AND a blog! And don't feel bad about crying. I can't even tell you how many times I broke down and cried from the stress of it all my 11th and 12th grade years (that was when I started Running Start and got an actual, normal workload as compared to my high school's idea of "work.") So basically, you're awesome and your blog is awesome and keep up the good work (I feel like some weird coach or something with my lovely cliches :P)
    P.S. Nice shirts.

    ReplyDelete