Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Love and Death Tour

Hello everyone! I feel like I have to say this way too often, but I'm sorry we haven't been around much lately!


I haven't been very inspired to blog lately. I haven't even been inspired to read very much lately. I honestly haven't been inspired to do much except sleep and eat ice cream and watch Doctor Who. Hopefully this little phase will come to an end soon, because it's quite pathetic. :P

But the good news is Megan and I have less than two months before we're done with school for the year! THANK GOD. So once summer starts, I'm hoping I'll actually want to do more blogging/reading things and have time to do those blogging/reading things. Right now, I don't want to force myself to write blog posts. It should be fun, and I don't want to put stuff out on the internet that I'm obviously not enjoying.

But I did just want to write this quick post about the book signing I went to last weekend with Megan and my sister at our favorite bookstore, Books of Wonder. It was for the Love and Death tour, and there were so many awesome authors there!

We had so much fun getting to meet all the wonderful writers of these awesome books. We'll be posting rambles about all of the books at some point in the near(ish) future, and those rambles are going to be very positive. :D I can't even begin to tell you what a fantastic and talented group of writers these ladies are. They were all so nice and funny, and I adored all of their books.

Jess Rothenberg, Megan, Rachel, Rachel Shukert, my sister Lauren
Rachel, Megan, Lauren, Lenore Applehans, Kate Ellison, Adele Griffin
Lauren, Lauren Morrill, Rachel, Megan
Lauren, Rachel, Megan, Lauren Oliver
As you can see, there were a few Rachels and Laurens in attendance, which was really fun for my sister and me. :D 

Books of Wonder is seriously the best little indie bookstore in the entire world. This is actually the first book signing we've attended there in about a year, so it was really great to finally go back. I missed this store a lot, and book signings are always so much fun. If anything's going to encourage me to get back into my normal reading routine, it's a book signing brimming with readers and writers who are all made of awesome. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment