Sunday, January 31, 2016

ALA Midwinter Book Haul Day 2 (Megan)


As promised, here is my haul from day 2 on the exhibit floor at ALA Midwinter 2016!




When I first heard about this book I squealed with excitement because these two writing a book together is essentially the dream team. Originally we were only going to ALAMW on Saturday, but when we heard David Levithan was signing copies of this book in-booth on Sunday morning we knew we had to go back. He's one of my all-time favorite authors and I was so excited when I met him that I barely even spoke! My awkwardness aside, I now have a really pretty signed ARC of this that I can't wait to read! 


My mom actually showed me this book and I thought that the description sounded so interesting! I mean all you had to say to me was Jane Austen meets the X-men and I was totally sold! Usually historical fiction is a shaky genre for me, but with that kind of magical element thrown in I can't refuse.


Amy Zhang certainly knows how to write stories that will rip your heart out. Just from reading the description of this book I know that my heart is going to break for these characters and also that I will probably be very frustrated with the way all of Janie's fellow classmates treat her. I'm interested to see how well Amy Zhang tackles such a difficult issue.


I love a good road trip book and a book about backpacking through Europe is even better! Since I'm going to be studying abroad in Europe this time next year, I was really excited to pick this book up. Since the three travelers are coping with the loss of one of their friends, this book should have more substance and heart than the light, fun road trips that I'm used to reading. I'm interested to see how this addition to the story works out!


The opening lines of this book's description talk about how spending a summer in Italy turns into a road trip across Tuscany. I have always wanted to visit Italy! Hopefully next year I will finally get the chance to, but until then this book seems like a cute read that will hopefully transport me to one of my dream destinations!

And that's all the books that I got at ALA Midwinter! For my first time attending the conference, this was a ton of fun! It was interesting comparing this to BEA, which is definitely much more hectic. I'll put up a post detailing more of my experience soon!

Are any of these reads on your TBR? Let me know below!

6 comments:

  1. I hope one day we both get to visit Italy! I can't wait to read These Vicious Masks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! And when you do read it, let me know what you think!

      -Megan

      Delete
  2. We are an online pharmacy that offers a flat 20% off on each order with overnight delivery. can you buy ambien over the counter
    is a trusted pharmacy and supplies various brands of medicine which are available and affordable.

    can you buy ambien over the counter

    buy ambien 10mg online

    buy ambien 5mg online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will often come back down the road. I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    It was really a very beautiful article. Very informative and useful. Thanks for sharing with us. read more

    ReplyDelete
  4. buy gabapentin It is a form of prescription remedy that is used to relieve neuropathic pain delivered approximately due to numerous conditions like diabetes, shingles, spinal wire injury, etc. It is likewise used to cope with top-notch varieties of seizures in an aggregate of numerous medicines.
    You can Contact us

    ReplyDelete