Friday, June 29, 2012

Megan Rambles About Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer


WARNING. THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES AND THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, WHILE I WILL DO MY BEST TO AVOID THEM.
 
From GoodreadsWhen Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.



I am so in love with the characters in this series!! Andrea Cremer did a really good job with this story. I definitely need to get Bloodrose soon. Like really soon.


I'll start with Calla, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite main characters. She's strong, bad ass, and handles herself really well in the craziest of situations. When we pick up with her again in Wolfsbane Calla is dealing with a lot. She made a decision at the end of Nightshade that changed her entire life. While she spent that book working up to her big decision at the end, she spends Wolfsbane having to deal with the consequences of what she's decided.


And let me tell you. Some of those cosequences are pretty brutal. The Keepers aren't exactly happy with Calla or any of her family members and friends. Trust me, if you didn't already hate the Keepers before reading this book, you definitely will by the time it's over. THEY ARE JUST SO EVIL. I can't even handle how evil they are. I spent half of this book just completely sickened by the Keepers. I didn't understand how they could treat people the way they did, and how they could hand out such harsh punishments so easily.


Allow me to pause for a second to talk about the love triangle. So recently Rachel and I did a Saturday Seven post on love triangles where we talked about which ones are written well, when we can actually choose "teams", etc. The love triangle between Calla, Ren, and Shay is definitely one of the good ones. Now that Calla is free to make her own decisions she thinks that choosing between Ren and Shay will be simple. It doesn't take long for her to figure out that just because she is free to choose whoever she wants to be with, the decision still isn't an easy one. I love Ren and Shay equally and I think that they would both be good for Calla. While she makes some steps towards a decision in this book, I think Bloodrose will really be the deciding factor here. This love triangle could still go either way and I'm excited to see who Calla ends up with. 


I'm completely hooked on this series, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Bloodrose. If you haven't already started this series I highly recommend picking up Nightshade to start RIGHT NOW. (*cough*Rachel*cough*)


-Megan 



No comments:

Post a Comment