Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (17)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.

The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
From Goodreads:
Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up. But now, in the summer before college, Emaline wonders if perfect is good enough.

Enter Theo, a super-ambitious outsider, a New Yorker assisting on a documentary film about a reclusive local artist. Theo's sophisticated, exciting, and, best of all, he thinks Emaline is much too smart for Colby.

Emaline's mostly-absentee father, too, thinks Emaline should have a bigger life, and he's convinced that an Ivy League education is the only route to realizing her potential. Emaline is attracted to the bright future that Theo and her father promise. But she also clings to the deep roots of her loving mother, stepfather, and sisters. Can she ignore the pull of the happily familiar world of Colby?

Emaline wants the moon and more, but how can she balance where she comes from with where she's going?

Sarah Dessen's devoted fans will welcome this story of romance, yearning, and, finally, empowerment. It could only happen in the summer.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK! *FLAILS*

(just kidding about the killing) (maybe)

These tweets are just two examples of how badly I want to read this book. I am a huge fan of Sarah Dessen, and I ramble all about my love for her here, if you're interested. The Moon and More is easily my most-anticipated book of this year, and probably one of my most-anticipated books EVER.

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT! *jumps up and down with excitement*

What are you waiting on this week? Leave links to your WoW posts below so I can check them out!

7 comments:

  1. I have really got to read more Sarah Dessen! Her books always have such great synopsis and this one is no exception. Awesome pick =D

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good one. I may need to add it to my to-read list
    New GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    My W'O'W' www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to read this book!!! I am in need of another Sarah Dessen book!
    Thanks for visiting my site!
    Andy @ Escape To New Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks amazing!!! *Sigh* Another one to add to the ever growing list=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this, too! Sarah Dessen can do no wrong!

    new follower

    My WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I can't wait to read it too!! I LOVE Sarah Dessen and everything about this book (the cover, the synopsis... EVERYTHING) looks so great!! I've to request it twice from the publisher but they won't approve me :(
    Thank you for sharing.
    New follower!!!

    I would love it if you check out my blog too and follow back. Thank (:
    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should read Sarah Dessen. She keeps popping up everywhere!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete