Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
From Goodreads:
Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.

I'm a really big fan of Kiersten White's Paranormalcy series and Mind Games, but even if I wasn't, this summary would totally pull me in and make me want to read this book! And even if the summary didn't sound awesome, I would buy this book just based on the GORGEOUS cover. :D Seriously, this has to be one of my favorite covers ever! I can't get over how beautiful it is!

What are you waiting on this week? Leave links to your WoW posts below so I can check them out!

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, I'm excited for this one, too! I loved Mind Games...and this cover is soooo gorgeous. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Paranormalcy or Mind Games. So many books! Great choice though!

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have yet to read anything by Kiersten White, but this book does look good! Gorgeous cover of course and it features Egyptian mythology! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read anything by Kiersten White, but this book sounds like it is right up my alley so I went ahead and added it to my Goodreads list :) Great choice!

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Paranormalcy too! And the cover for this one is SO PRETTY. Great pick. (:

    ReplyDelete