Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read (Rachel)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I haven't made a Top Ten Tuesday post in a really long time, but I decided to join in on Top Ten Tuesday today to talk about the books I'm not sure I want to read. I split the following books into three categories: books I bought but I'm not sure I'm into anymore, hyped books I'm not sure about, and sequels to books I've already read.

BOOKS I BOUGHT BUT I'M NOT SURE I'M INTO ANYMORE

1. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh- I remember ordering a copy of this way back when I first started blogging. I had read a string of positive reviews of Nevermore that had convinced me that I had to read it immediately. Clearly, I did not read this book immediately, and while it still sits on my shelf collecting dust and waiting to be read, I don't know if I'll ever pick it up.

2. Blood Red Road by Moira Young- I'm like ninety percent sure I bought this book at Barnes and Noble on release day (or maybe release week). I took it home and was SO EXCITED to read it, but then obviously never got around to it. Now, when I read the summary, I'm just not into it anymore.

3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer- I bought this book during the period between ages 12 and 14 when I was obsessed with Twilight and all things Stephenie Meyer. I bought this book just because Stephenie Meyer wrote it, and now that I'm over my Twilight obsession, I have little interest in reading The Host.

4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore- Again, I remember purchasing this after reading some really good reviews from bloggers, but now I don't think I'll ever read it. It may have sounded like it was my thing back when I bought it, but I don't think it's my thing anymore.

HYPED BOOKS I'M NOT SURE ABOUT

5. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski- I've seen so many glowing reviews of this book on blogs and on BookTube, but the summary just doesn't sound like something I'll ever want to pick up. I've had a lot of people recommend this to me though, so maybe I'll have to read it out of curiosity.

6. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira- I actually started reading this book. I got about 30 pages in before I realized I wasn't in the mood for it, so I returned it to the library with the intention of checking it out again at a later time. Now I'm not so sure I'll ever be in the mood for it. I might just have to avoid this one.

7. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey- Everyone's been raving about this book, but I'm just not feeling it. Whenever I read the summary, I'm simply not interested. Maybe my feelings will change once the movie buzz starts taking over the internet.


SEQUELS TO BOOKS I'VE ALREADY READ

8. Steadfast by Claudia Gray (Spellcaster #2)- I'm a huge fan of Claudia Gray's Evernight series, but I wasn't into Spellcaster as much as I'd hoped I'd be. Part of me wants to remain loyal to Claudia Gray and see this series through, but part of me wants to just quit while I'm ahead and not bother with the sequel.

9. Resist by Sarah Crossan (Breathe #2)- I enjoyed Breathe when I read it for the first time, but I think that my love for it has faded during the time I've spent apart from it. By the time the sequel was released, I realized I didn't have much interest in continuing the story.

10. Deception by C.J. Redwine (Defiance #2)- Defiance was a really fast and fun story that I flew through, but I don't think I have enough emotional investment in the characters to want to keep reading. I'm certainly curious to see where the story goes, but I'm not dying to read the rest of the series.

What about you guys? What are some books you're not sure if you want to read? And what do you think of the books I chose? Should I read them? Leave links to your TTT posts below so I can check them out!


3 comments:

  1. I really super love Blood Red Road. It's very different in style to a lot of YA, and the protagonist is very strong. And while I don't like Twilight at all, I love The Host—it's a much better book, and not at all similar.

    Renae @ Respiring Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your feelings on the 5th Wave. I didn't like Graceling at all when I made an attempt to read it.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really liked THE 5TH WAVE, though I felt it was hyped up too much. And THE HOST! I looove that book!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete