Thursday, May 17, 2012

Megan Rambles About Hereafter

Hereafter by Tara Hudson
 From Goodreads: Can there truly be love after death? Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but "will" him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, "Hereafter" is a sensation you won't want to miss.

 I'll start by saying that I really liked this book once I got into it. There were a few things that annoyed me, but my overall impression of the book was good. 


I'll start with my feelings on Eli, because they are the easiest to explain. I hate him. He was creepy, and slightly stalkerish, and also violent. Basically, he fit his role in the story perfectly, however, he scared the crap out of me. Probably the only character in this book who freaked me out more than Eli was Joshua's Grandmother. I seriously was constantly debating who was scarier. The other character that is easy for me to explain is Joshua. I LOVE HIM. He was adorable, polite, and would make a really awesome boyfriend. Plus, he's hot. So......yeah...

Out of all of the characters, I got annoyed at Amelia the most I think. There were a few times where I didn't quite understand her reasoning behind her actions. She seemed a little surprised at times that a relationship between a human and a ghost was difficult and encountering problems. Other than those few moments, I found her character pretty likable. Amelia was a sweet girl just trying to figure out how she died and sort out the many issues in her ghostly existence.

The story line of this book was different, and I liked that. There are other ghost stories out there, but this one was unique. I can't wait to read Arise and see where Tara Hudson takes the story next.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment