Monday, August 13, 2012

Megan Rambles About Endlessly

Endlessly by Kiersten White
From Goodreads:Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.



Fair warning before I launch into this ramble, this is the third and final book of a trilogy. So unless you have read both Paranormalcy and Supernaturally, you might want to run away and go pick up a copy. That way you can read them, and I won't accidentally spoil them for you! 

Now! Would you like to know what happened when I finished this book? It went something like this. I texted Rachel something along the lines of, "AHHHHHHH OMG I FINISHED ENDLESSLY AND AHHHHHHH IT WAS SO GOOD HOLY CRAPPPP!!! BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO END?!?!?" And then I maybe  (okay, okay, I DID cry) cried a little bit just because the series was over. 

I shall try my best to explain why I love this book, and more importantly, this series so much! First, Evie. She is so bleeping hysterical! No matter what paranormal creatures show up to ruin her day, Evie is always ready to greet them with sarcasm, jokes, a bubbly personality, a great fashion sense (if you're into pink), and her trusty sparkly pink tazer named Tazey. Everything that comes out of Evie's mouth makes me laugh, usually hysterically. I am going to miss everything about Evie so much because she is a really fun character to read about.

And of course, there is Lend. I would like to give Lend the award for Most Awesome and Totally Perfect Boyfriend Ever! *claps* He honestly is the perfect boyfriend. Lend is sweet, he's caring, not too protective, and he would do anything for Evie. That kind of dedication is rare and hard to find even among fictional boys. I just love everything about Evie's water boy and I would like a boyfriend just like him please kcoolthanks.

My expectations were of course crazy high for this book. Endlessly is the last of the Paranormalcy trilogy and I was definitely looking for it to be amazing. Luckily, Endlessly didn't disappoint. If anything, it was even BETTER than I was expecting.

Evie is under a lot of pressure in this book. There are really high stakes, lots of danger, and almost no break in between all of the problems the characters have to deal with. While this exhausted the characters, it was great as a reader because the action never stopped and the book was never boring. 

Kiersten White also has this interesting habit of MAKING me like her characters. Just as she made me like Vivian in Supernaturally, there were two characters going into Endlessly that I absolutely HATED. If you've read Supernaturally (which you should have if you're reading this..) you can probably guess who they were. By the end of Endlessly, I have to say that I actually liked both of them. Believe me, I wasn't open to the idea at first, but Kiersten White just MADE ME LIKE THEM. So now, while I don't love those two characters as much as I love Evie, Lend, or Arianna I do actually like them. Kiersten White is kind of evil that way.

I really liked the way the story line of this book went and it was the PERFECT ending to a series that I love so much! I am really going to miss reading about Evie's adventures, but there is a kind of silver lining to the Paranormalcy series ending. With Kiersten White's borderline insane ability to write an entire book in about 9 days (Mind Games wooohoo!!) there won't be a shortage of new books of hers to read for a LONG time! If you haven't read Endlessly yet, you don't want to miss it!

-Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment