Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rachel Rambles About Finale

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
From Goodreads:
Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.

Warning: This is the fourth book in a series. If you haven't read the other books, beware of spoilers! 

*sighs* This series...I've had quite a few issues with it, over the years. It has definitely had its ups and downs. So I wasn't too excited to read this book. But since it's the last one, THE END OF NORA AND PATCH'S STORY, I knew I had to pick it up.

And I'm actually really glad I read it! The plot was a lot more interesting than I expected it to be. Because of events that happened in the third book, Nora has to become the leader of the Nephilim. There's going be a war against the fallen angels, which totally sucks because guess who's a fallen angel? PATCH. So Nora and Patch are basically enemies, which is awesome. Forbidden romance? YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT.

Let's talk about the most important thing about this entire series: Patch and Nora's relationship. While I've always had some issues with Nora, I still really love her and Patch together. I think they're a great couple, and these books have always been filled with some great swoon-worthy moments and cute banter and romance and kissing scenes. This book did not disappoint in that department, and the moments between Nora and Patch made me remember why I haven't given up on this series.

I was surprised at how freaking emotional I got when I neared the end of this book. I had like, two chapters left, and I started freaking out because even though I've had so many issues with this series, I did not want it to end! And the ending was kind of cheesy, but perfect for the Hush, Hush series. I really liked it. :)

So I'm kind of relieved to not have to read anymore of these books, but also really sad that this series is over. I'll miss Nora and Vee and Patch. Okay, who am I kidding? I'll miss Patch the most because I'm kind of very much in love with him.

Other than the first book, I think Finale is the strongest installment in the series. There are some moments with weird subplots that I didn't understand and pages of super awkward dialogue, but for the most part, I thought this book was pretty epic. 

Have you read any of the Hush, Hush books? How do you feel about them? My feelings are quite mixed, and I'd love to hear your thoughts!

-Rachel 

1 comment:

  1. This is one of those books that I want to read, but am apprehensive to pick up. It's exactly like you said, there are some serious flaws, but I want to see how everything wraps up.

    Since you said it's the best of the series, I *may* be able to give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete