Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Plans and Goals (Megan)

School's out! It's finally time for SUMMER!
LOOK. Flip-flops, sand, and summer. EVERYTHING GOOD IN LIFE. source
That means that Rachel and I have officially finished our Sophomore year of high school and we are now JUNIORS. (Yes, I am slightly scared by this) Since I am so completely done with school at the moment, I'm really looking forward to this summer and I have a lot of plans. So, borrowing Rachel's idea from her post, I'm going to explain some of my plans for this summer besides the typical beach trips and vacations!

First of all, I am going to get back to blogging. I've been kind of ridiculously absent from the internet in general lately and whether that's because of school or something else I'm not really sure. I've just been kind of tired and haven't really had the energy to blog lately, but I have been reading. So hopefully I'll end up writing some posts soon!

Second, I want to read more! While I have been reading somewhat consistently, I've been in a bit of a slump with that too. Hopefully now that school is out I'll be able to make some kind of a dent in the overwhelmingly huge TBR pile that is currently spread out all over my room! 

Recently, Rachel and I both made the decision to participate in Camp Nanowrimo for the first time starting in July. 
All of the craziness of Nano in the summer? WHY NOT. source

Both of us are planning on finishing the drafts that we started during this year's Nanowrimo and I am actually really excited for it. This draft is the first that I really feel like I could finish and it would be the first finished first draft that I have ever had. Along with Rachel, I will be participating with Erika from Rescue Reads, Aneeqah from My Not So Real Life, and Willa from Willa's Ramblings. You may have noticed THIS shiny button that Erika made for our super cool bunch of bloggers.

Basically we are going to be discussing the fact that we are all going CRAZY and having some word wars on Twitter. So if you are participating in Camp Nanowrimo, feel free to enjoy our pain/join us all there! 

So besides my usual soccer practices, those are my plans for the summer! What are you planning to do for your summer break? Let me know in the comments below what your plans are and if you're participating in Camp Nanowrimo.


No comments:

Post a Comment