Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Books I've Read in 2013 (so far)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week, everyone's talking about the top ten books they've read in 2013 so far. On the one hand, this topic is easy for me since I haven't read that many books this year. But on the other hand, most of the books I've read this year have been amazing, so it's hard to choose my favorites.

I was able to narrow down the list to these ten books, listed in the order in which I read them:

1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Gayle Forman is one of my favorite authors, so I was not at all surprised when I immediately fell in love with this book.

2. Pivot Point by Kasie West
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this, but I definitely was not prepared to love it as much as I did.

3. Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
Before I read this, I was like ninety percent sure I was going to love it, because I thought the first two books in the series were brilliant. It was nice to be right. :)

4. Poison by Bridget Zinn
So I'm kind of just a little bit OBSESSED with this book. I cannot even begin to explain just how much I adored it.

5. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
To be fair, I have never not loved a Maureen Johnson book, but I thought this one was particularly wonderful.

6. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Alright, let's be real for a second. Has Cassandra Clare ever written a bad book?! NO. So of course I loved this one. Actually, it might even be my favorite Cassandra Clare book yet.

7. Sever by Lauren DeStefano
I was so impressed with and blown away by this book. It's the perfect end to an amazing series.

8. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
For those of you who don't know, Sarah Dessen is one of my absolute favorite authors ever, so it was the best feeling in the world to fall in love with a Sarah Dessen book for the first time. This book is one of my favorites of hers. Well, I guess they're all my favorites. But this one was fantastic.

9. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
This has to be one of the best contemporary romances I've ever read. Seriously, it's like Anna and the French Kiss level amazing.

10. The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter
Okay, so I know I'm cheating by putting an entire series on here, but I read all five books for the first time this year and I am obsessed. So obsessed that I read all five books in only five days. What a fantastic series.

What are your favorite books of 2013 so far? Let me know down in the comments, or leave a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, awesome list! We have lots of books in common. :) I can't wait to read The Distance Between Us and Perfect Scoundrels! Ally Carter is one of my favorite authors too.

    My TTT: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few in common. I loved Pivot Point and The Heist Society series. I can't wait to read The Distance. I'm so snagging that Tuesday and I have the week off so I'll actually be able to read it. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I love Heist Society series and the Gallagher Girls series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these... yet! I got Clockwork Angel today, and I'm so excited to read The Infernal Devices! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Saru

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked A Madness Underneath wayyy better than The Name of the Star. I didn't like the first in the series at all. I am hoping the 3rd book continues to the increase of awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete