Sunday, June 8, 2014

BEA Videos (Rachel)

Hi everyone! Instead of doing a written recap of BEA, I decided to film some videos about my experience. I still might end up doing a written recap in the next few days (I'm still so exhausted from BEA that I can't even come up with any concrete plans), but for now, you can watch these videos:

This first video has all the footage I got at BEA. I made a point of trying to film as much as possible, so whenever I wasn't completely weighed down by a gazillion tote bags full of books, I tried to get my camera out and recording. This is a montage-style video with all my BEA footage:




The other two videos are parts one and two of my BEA discussion. Basically, I sat down (er, stood?) in front of my camera and talked about my BEA experience. For a really long time. Hence the two parts. :)

Part One is specifically about my experience on Saturday of BEA, aka BookCon, and Part Two is about my (much more positive!) experience at BEA on Thursday and Friday. I talk about what it was like, the authors I met, the other cool people I met, some of the books/swag/products I got, and what I liked and disliked about the experience. You can watch one video or both, depending on what you're interested in. :)

Rather than embedding these videos and clogging up this post, I'm just going to direct you to YouTube to watch them: BEA Discussion: Part One (BookCon) & BEA Discussion: Part Two (Thursday/Friday)

I'm in the process of getting my crap together in order to film a BEA Book Haul, so keep an eye out for that! I'm excited to show off all the interesting books I picked up at BEA, in the hopes that maybe you guys can also get excited about these books!

Side-note: I know there's a lot of drama surrounding BEA book hauls because some people think it comes across as "braggy" and they get jealous, etc. but honestly, I love watching book conference hauls because 1) I like seeing people get excited about books! Their happiness usually makes me happy, too :D, and 2) I think talking about the books that you picked up at a conference is a great way to spread the word about the books and get more people interested in them. The book hauls can act as a great marketing technique, which I assume is what the publishers want, so aren't we just helping them out? Anyway, this was supposed to be a tiny little side-note but it could easily turn into an entire blog post, so I'll leave it at that. Expect a book haul in the near future, and if you don't want to watch it, don't watch it! End of story. :)

So, those are the videos I made. Again, I still might do a written recap, but I enjoy telling stories like this verbally, so for now I'll stick with the videos. In the meantime, give me a chance to recover from the chaos of BEA (I am seriously so tired omg) and get settled into my normal blogging/reading/living schedule.

Thanks so much for reading, if you read this, and watching, if you watched the videos. If you went to BEA and/or BookCon please let me know what you thought down in the comments! I'd love to know what your favorite part was, what books you're most excited about, and whatever else you'd like to tell me! I love hearing other people's BEA stories (good or bad), so please don't hesitate to let it all out down in the comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment