Saturday, June 21, 2014

Rachel Rambles: Video Edition!

Hi everyone! So lately I've been reviewing books in a different format than usual...I've been filming video reviews!

I consider myself to be a newbie to the whole video-reviewing thing, and it's taking some time to get used to this new format, but so far I'm really enjoying it! I still prefer writing reviews on the blog, but I like that video reviews give me the opportunity to use tools like facial expressions, tone of voice, hand gestures, etc. to express my thoughts.

So I just thought I'd let you guys know what I've been up to lately. I've done some video reviews on my YouTube channel, and if you're interested in what I think about these books and are wondering why I haven't reviewed them on the blog yet, it's because I already reviewed them in videos. (All the video reviews are totally spoiler-free, by the way!)

This is my video of mini-reviews. I talk about Fifteen Minutes of Fame by Julie Young, Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor, and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.


This next one isn't exactly a review. It's what I like to call a "I HAVE SOME FEELINGS ABOUT A BOOK" video. In these types of videos, I basically just fangirl over books and gush about them and talk about why I love them, instead of actually reviewing the books. This particular video is about We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. (Btw, this is the weirdest thumbnail ever. I don't know what was going through my head when I made this video! :P)


And finally, my most recent video review is of Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson and To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.


So those are all the video reviews I've been doing lately! What do you guys think of this format? Do you prefer reading or watching book reviews? Let me know down in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment