Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rachel Rambles About Endlessly

Endlessly by Kiersten White
From Goodreads:
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.

My thoughts upon finishing this book: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECTION!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! BUT....BUT....BUT NOW IT'S OVER!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!??! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?! 

If you haven't read Paranormalcy or Supernaturally, you might want to go away, lest I accidentally spoil the first two books for you. (Also you should read them immediately because they are bleeping awesome.)

If you HAVE read Paranormalcy or Supernaturally, then you know how completely amazing those books are. And let me tell you, Endlessly does not disappoint. 

Evie is her usual fun and perky and unique self, juggling preparations for a school dance with the whole paranormal creatures thing. The relationship between her and Lend is the strongest it's ever been, despite a few, er...minor issues. I think they are pretty much the best couple ever. And Lend? Lend deserves some kind of Best Boyfriend Ever award. Seriously. Can I please have a Lend? PLEASE?!?!

Reth and Jack are back, the two guys who did nothing but creep me out and/or annoy the bleep out of me in the first two books. And guess what? In Endlessly, they both redeem themselves! Not enough for me to totally forgive them, but enough for me to ACTUALLY LIKE THEM AND EVEN SYMPATHIZE WITH THEM. I know, it's crazy! Especially with Reth. I HATED him in Paranormalcy and Supernaturally. HATED! And then I started reading this book and Reth was being...different and I was all "Wait a second...Reth? What are you doing?! DON'T MAKE ME LIKE YOU!" and so that was surprising, in the best possible way.

The paranormal elements are wonderful and hysterical, of course. I love the way Evie handles all the weird creatures she encounters. She always has something witty to say, and it makes me laugh so hard. One of the best things about this series is how it pokes fun at the way society views supernatural creatures. There is a particular scene with a unicorn that is just so amazing and hilarious and perfect. Probably the best scene ever.

Evie has a whole lot of things to deal with in this book. She has a huge decision to make and a very difficult task, but as usual, she remains strong and brave and SHE IS BASICALLY THE BEST CHARACTER EVER. There are a lot of epic scenes with the faeries, and a huge thing involving paranormals and souls and gates happens which is just so crazy and awesome and magnificent.

I'm sad to see this series end. You have no bleeping idea! I maybe cried a little bit when I read the last page. Because even though the ending was so perfect, a part of me just cannot accept that there will be no more books about Evie's adventures. I guess I'll just have to re-read these three books over and over and over again.


Endlessly really impressed me. I love that this book made me laugh on almost every page. I love that I never had any idea what would happen next. I love that Evie is one of the best protagonists ever. I love that Lend is cute and sweet and funny and an excellent boyfriend. I love that this book is full of characters who I can't help but care about. I love that this book manages to be light and fun while also being dark and serious. I love that I could go on listing things I love about this book for hours, but I guess I'll stop because no one wants to read all that.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment