Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rachel Rambles About Opal

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #3)
From Goodreads:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Maybe I finished this book like a month and a half ago but maybe I couldn't find a way to put my feelings into words. I don't know. Maybe that's what happened.

I'm just going to keep this short and sweet: Opal exceeded my expectations. It was a thousand times better than I thought it would be. I'm so emotionally invested in this entire series, and each book just gets better and better. Opal made me feel so many intense emotions, and I was incredibly impressed by how good it was.

The plot is complex and action-packed, the romance is sexy but realistic, and this book somehow manages to be serious and filled with humor at the same time.

Overall, this book is fast-paced and fun. The entire series is made up of books that are so freaking enjoyable to read. I devoured each one of the books in less than two days. There are no dull moments in Opal, just like there are no dull moments in the other books. 

So yeah. This whole series is awesome. It's no surprise that I absolutely loved Opal.

Also...can we talk about THAT ENDING?! BECAUSE I CAN'T EVEN. I JUST...




SOMEONE GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK NOW.

-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I'm emotionally invested in this series too haha. I love the GIF of the guy throwing the table. That's how I felt at the end of the book. I need the next book NOW! And seriously..can Daemon get any hotter?! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the first book in this series. I have the second on my nook. I'm hesitant to read it. I liked Obsidian, but I finished it and I thought Daemon was king of the jerks. I think I should continue. I really want to prove that he is not, in fact that bad. But... eh. I don't know. I should get around to it probably. Lovely ramble Rachel!

    ReplyDelete