Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Megan Rambles About Shatter Me

Pretty cover..........*big eyes*
OMG YOU GUYS THIS FREAKING BOOK!!! Okay, I had to get that out there. There will be much, much more of that after, but FIRST, from Goodreads: Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.


Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.


Now doesn't that sound AMAZING???!? IT WAS IT WAS IT WAS IT WAS IT WAS!!! And look at the super pretty COVER!! So I'll admit it, I would have picked this book up just from the cover. I know, I know! So bad!! BUT I AM TOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK TO CARE! From the very first LINE this book had me completely hooked. I just knew it was going to be amazing. The unique writing style is super cool too guys! There are tons of strike throughs throughout the entire book! I don't know anyone who talks like that. Okay, SO MAYBE it was slightly familiar to me. BUT IN A BOOK? UNHEARD OF! Tahereh Mafi, you are a GENIUS! (You might want to keep track of how many times I say that, because I'm just starting)


NOW. Please excuse the incoherent turn that this ramble is going to take, but I can't take it anymore. ADAM!!!!! There, I said it. Adam is the name of the super hot guy Juliette meets! He's sweet, and romantic, but also completely capable of KICKING YOUR BUTT. Not to mention completely hot. (SWOON. Just trust me. SFREAKINGWOON) I love him. Almost as much as I love Noah! (and that is SAYING SOMETHING) WHAT? You don't know who Noah is??? *points* go read Rachel's Ramble about the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! And then read the book!


After reading this book, and even while I was reading it, there was a lot of THIS going through my head adamadamadamadamadamholycrapadamissohotomgilovehimsomuchadamADAMADAMADAMADAMADAM! You get the point. Basically, I love this guy. But I also love the main character. Juliette ROCKS. As much as she's been through, she still manages to be an unbelievably good person and not, you know, KILL SOMEONE every time she feels like it. I admire her for this. I believe the exact words I used while reading this book were "Juliette is the QUEEN of Badasses" and she is. She so, so is. From her lethal skin to wielding a gun, this girl is perfectly capable of kicking your butt.


Then there was Warner. A lot of people have actually liked him throughout the book, *cough Lauren DeStefano cough* even though he is KIND OF insane. I can't say I exactly LIKE him, because ADAM. However, I don't hate him as much as I would like to. I kind of feel bad for the guy in some weird, twisted kind of way. So congratulations Tahereh Mafi, you are a genius for making me feel sorry for the INSANE MANIAC who RUINS EVERYTHING. (That's twice, for those of you who might be counting)


Basically, this book ROCKED in every way possible. The writing was AMAZING. The characters were AMAZING, and there were several surprises I NEVER SAW COMING. There were so many twists and turns, great surprises, and action. I would be tearing up on one page, laughing the next, and FREAKING OUT the next because SOMETHING HAD JUST HAPPENED. And yes, I was laughing, because even in this TERRIBLE DYSTOPIAN WORLD, the characters still manage a few witty lines that I absolutely love, love, LOVE. (Seriously people, GENIUS) This is one of THE VERY BEST books of 2011, and I am not kidding. GO PICK IT UP. GO. RIGHT NOW. Jump out the window if you have to, take a train, walk, use a bike, or you know, drive like a normal person. JUST GET THIS BOOK. OH, and I am in no way responsible for any injuries you may suffer if you do decide to jump out of your window to go get this book. Besides, if you decide to take advice from me, you might be slightly crazy. *eye twitch* ANYWHO, this book was amazing, full of strong characters, and all of that literary blah blah blah. BUT, if you do go pick this book up for one reason, and if Tahereh Mafi's geniusness isn't enough to convince you, then I have the perfect reason.


ADAM. 


That is the only reason you need.


NOW GO READ IT!


*Jumps around* *waves* Until next time my fine feathered friends!! *runs off* *peeks back in* seriously, if you do actually have feathers, you might want to get that checked out. Just saying. BYE!

-Megan Waz Here :) 

(Hey, it's Rachel. I just want to say that I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING MEGAN JUST SAID BECAUSE I LOVE THIS BOOK SOMUCHSOMUCHSOMUCH! !!!!!!! *clears throat* As you were.)

No comments:

Post a Comment