1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (who totally tweeted me the other day. Yes, I was jumping up and down and screaming like a little girl. My family was a bit worried) Oh, right. HER BOOK. I would put some big huge long description of how awesome it is, but I think you should just go read my ramble about it. It kind of sums up all of the awesomeness of this book as best as I can.
2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Another great dystopian book from this year! And yet another debut author! I loved the characters in this book. Tris was probably one of the most bad ass girls I read about this year, and FOUR so freaking hot. This is another book you need to go pick up right now!
4. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
I can't even begin to list the good things about this book. There are way too many! I loved the mixing of Nantucket and Greek Mythology. I've always kind of had a thing for mythology, and this was written beautifully. Such a creative idea! Plus, if you need a bigger incentive, there is an OVERLOAD of hot guys in this book. And I absolutely love Lucas's family.
5. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
ANOTHER author I met! I have this book signed too:) Lauren is another amazing person, and you should also follow her on Twitter. Especially if you love seeing random pictures of her cats doing funny things. But seriously, a dystopian world with polygamist marriages is creepy and slightly disturbing, but also AMAZING. It doesn't sound like it would be something necessarily enjoyable to read, but it is. It so is. And Rhine is another awesome main character who is completely capable of kicking some ass.
6. Die For Me by Amy Plum
Another great book, more HOT guys. Who would have thought Zombies could be super sexy? Not me! Until I read this book! Because this book is basically about a zombie love story, except these zombies are hot and don't try to eat your brains/face or anything like that. So go get this book too!
Alright! Well I'm going to stop this list here for now.......even though I feel like I'm missing a lot here.....Oh well. I can come back and add to it if I think of something. So this is my list of Debut Authors, and I'll be posting a list of Authors I Already Know and Completely Love later, so probably tomorrow. So what were your favorite debut authors of 2011? Comment below and let me know! *giggles* That rhymed!