Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Megan Rambles About Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

From Goodreads
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?



This is yet another book that I am completely shocked I didn't read sooner. I've heard AMAZING things about both Anna and the French Kiss, and Lola the Boy Next Door, which is why I HAD to buy this book. Also, the paperback is really pretty! If you haven't seen it, the edges of the inside flaps are scalloped, and the pages are all choppyish on the ends. Now, there is probably a much more accurate, intelligent way to explain that, but I'm not really sure what it is. So hopefully you understood that somehow. 


Then on to the actual book. I think it is only fair to get out the freakish fangirlness now. You have been warned. OMG FREAKING ETIENNE ST. CLAIR. That is really the first thought that comes to mind when I think of this book. Because St. Clair is completely hot, and totally swoon worthy! He is an American, who grew up in London, has a British accent, and also speaks fluent French. Plus he is totally gorgeous. I kind of love him. Okay, no. I do love him. A lot. Like track him down and steal him kind of love him. (Sorry Anna)


The other great thing about this book was that Anna didn't ever annoy me. While she did screw things up frequently, and tended to make a fool of herself, I loved reading about her. Anna was a very real character in the way she acted in behaved, which is always great to find in a book. She totally in love with St. Clair, and while she does frequently swoon over him, you can't blame the girl! If I knew St. Clair, I'd be swooning just as much, and falling just as hard as Anna. In general all of Stephanie's characters were really well written. The supporting characters made me laugh, and I found myself wishing I could go to Paris and hang out with them. And not just because St. Clair was there. 


This was a light, fun read that went really quickly, but there was also a lot of heart in it, and the ending was so perfect! I was so invested in what happened to the characters, and I could really feel for them as they struggled. It wasn't an easy road for Anna, St. Clair, or any of their friends, and none of  their relationships were easy. There were bumps in the road for everyone, which just made the story that much more realistic. This is the kind of book that  I could read over and over again, and still love every second of it. In fact, as I write this I am having the urge to go skim through it again. Or read the whole thing. I could do that too. Basically, YOU SHOULD GO READ THIS BOOK. AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. BECAUSE TRUST ME, IT. IS. AWESOME!!!

*runs off* *buries nose in book*
-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see reviews of this book, I cannot help but smile and dissolve into fit giggles because that's how much I ADORE this book! I'm so happy you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting it to be good, but not THAT good! Such an amazing book! -Megan

      Delete