Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Megan Rambles About Fever

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

From Goodreads Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.

In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than eve
r.

OH MY GOD THIS BOOK! So I read Wither last year, probably like 2 days after it came out because it was shoved into my hands by a freaking out Rachel. (which is actually kind of scary sometimes, but it was about books, so it was ALL GOOD.) And then I read it. And then I LOVED IT. To top it all off, after that, Rachel and I went to our very first book signing ever and GUESS WHO WAS THERE? If you guessed Cassie Clare, you are right. If you guessed Holly Black, you are also right. BUT THERE WAS ALSO LAUREN DESTEFANO! And I loved her immediately. 
  
A few days later, the title for book two was announced, Fever! And I have to be honest and say right now that I was expecting AMAZING things for this book, and I was a little worried that I was asking too much, and building it up in my head. Then I actually read Fever, and IT WAS AMAZING. Totally lived up to my expectations, and also blew them out of the water! 

You would think that after escaping the mansion, Rhine and Gabriel would be fine, safe, and not have to worry about crazy people hunting them down. SO, SO WRONG. There is probably about 2 seconds at the most throughout the entire book where they are SAFE, and nothing is going wrong. Which I kind of loved, because it kept the story moving constantly. There were always THINGS happening, and you were always learning something new about the world, the characters, or just how completely stuck the characters were in their world. 


And then there was an ending that left me gasping for air! There was a lot of "Really? You ended it THERE?? I have to wait HOW LONG till book 3 comes out??" So to sum this crazy long ramble up: This series is awesome, and you should read it. This book was THE BEST THING EVER!! And I need to somehow get my hands on book 3 somewhere around yesterday. That would be really nice. Bottom line: THIS BOOK IS SO FREAKING AMAZING AND YOU SHOULD READ IT.


*sits on couch* *waits expectantly for book 3* *whistles*


Doylestown Book Shop oh how I love you!
BEFORE I GO.............did I mention that other time we met Lauren DeStefano for a Fever signing in Doylestown Book Shop in Pennsylvania(another bookstore I shall visit AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN). I was totally fangirling and probably seemed like a total freak. (sorry Lauren)


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment