Saturday, March 17, 2012

Megan Rambles About Fateful

Fateful by Claudia Gray

From Goodreads When 17-year-old Tess Davies, a ladies' maid, meets handsome Alec Marlow aboard the RMS "Titanic," she quickly becomes entangled in the dark secrets of his past, but her growing love puts her in mortal peril even before fate steps in.



WEREWOLVES. TITANIC. WATER. ALEC. HOTHOTHOT. KISSING. STEAMY KISSING. BAD GUYS. KISSING. TITANIC. WEREWOLVES. LOTS OF WATER HOLY [BLEEP]. PEARLS FROM THAT LADY. OH [BLEEP] MORE WATER. KISSINGKISSINGKISSING. CHAOS. DEATH. HEART EXPLOSIONS. TITANIC. ICEBERG. AHHHHOHMYGOD. SINKING. WATER. COLD. KISSING. HEART BROKEN. HOLY [BLEEP] THAT'S HOW IT ENDS?!?!?

So THAT craziness above is Rachel putting her thoughts on this book into words. Now I am going to attempt to put MINE into slightly more coherent sentences, but there are no promises. BECAUSE IT WAS SO GOOD! 


First, Claudia Gray is amazing and I love everything that she writes! Evernight series anyone? If you haven't read it, please do! It is one of the best series of books out there, with so many surprises it's literally impossible to guess what happens. Also:there is a hot guy. So there's your incentive. While you're at it, make sure you read Fateful! And also Balthazar (which I will be stealing from Rachel soonish *cough cough* *hint hint*)


Personally, I love everything about the Titanic. Obviously, it is sad, and terrible that so many people died, but the entire story kind of fascinates me. Partially because I can't believe how stupid some people were in the situation, but also because there seems to be a certain magic about stories that take place there. That said, I was excited but also slightly terrified to read this book. I mean really, you all know how the movie ends *holds back sarcastic remarks about stupidity of certain people*. So I was slightly terrified that I was going to be facing another Titanic the movie. BUT IT WAS SO, SO MUCH BETTER! 


I'll start with Tess, who I loved. She was so brave, and she put up with a LOT of crap.Seriously if I had to deal with HALF of the comments she gets from her employer everyday, I would go INSANE. And then there is Alec. *swoons* I love him so freaking much! He's got problems, and his life is kind of insane, and I loved that. Because Alec wasn't perfect, which only made me love him more! Plus he had a really awesome dad. I even have a little respect for the villain, because let's face it, I tend to respect/like the evil characters in books. (Draco Malfoy, Snape, etc.) I'm messed up, I know. However, I still hate him.

One thing that is so unique about this book, is that you sort of know how it ends. You don't know what is going to happen, but you know that the ship is going to sink, and you know when, but the characters have no idea. So there is just this huge danger looming over the whole thing the entire time that made me REALLY worried the entire time. The thing that Claudia Gray did so well was make you fall in love with the characters. I loved them so much that I was completely wrapped up in their story the entire time and I kept trying to find ways around the ship sinking. Like "oh, well maybe this will be different!" just because I didn't want anything to happen to them! And then EVERYTHING STARTS HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE. And the ending of this book is so completely crazy you will NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS see it coming!

I love Claudia Gray, and her blending of history and paranormal *cough the freaking werewolves cough* was amazing! You NEED to read this book if you a. like the Titanic b. like Claudia Gray c. enjoy steamy make-out scenes (there are a few of those) and d. HAVE A SOUL.

That simple. Read it.

-Megan





1 comment: