Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rachel Rambles About Her TBR Pile

Hello everyone! I've been really busy lately with school and reading and sleeping etc, so I feel like this blog has kind of been neglected because of it. Megan and I have a ton of rambles piling up in our drafts, and we will be posting them somewhat regularly from now on. Maybe. Hopefully.

So there's something in my life that I've been obsessing over lately....

MY TO-BE-READ PILE.

There are a whole bunch of books that I have every intention to read. But unfortunately, some of them just keep getting pushed down toward the bottom of the TBR pile. And that makes me sad. *makes sad face*

Here are the top books on my TBR pile right now. These are the books I've had for years/months/weeks/days/hours and want to read SO SO BAD, but they are sadly being neglected and/or I just got them like five seconds ago. I HAVE THE BEST INTENTIONS THOUGH. I PROMISE I WILL READ THEM SOON. ALL OF THEM. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

But I don't really know what to read first or anything, so I'd appreciate your help. :) (Link goes to Goodreads page)

1. THE REST OF THE LUXE SERIES by Anna Godberson- I read the first book a few months ago, and LOVED it. I have the next three sitting there just waiting to be read, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have no idea why.

2. Possess by Gretchen McNeil- This has been sitting on my shelf for quite awhile. Love the cover, love watching Gretchen's videos on YA Rebels. I will probably love the book too.

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusack- I have heard amazing things about this for so long. Hopefully I actually read it soon!

4. Born Wicked- by Jessica Spotswood- I bought a signed copy of this the other day and it looks really awesome and amazing.

5. Legend by Marie Lu- I bought a signed copy of this too. I have been wanting to read this for quite awhile because it seems like it will be epic.

6. Entwined by Heather Dixon- Two words: Pretty. Cover.

7. Bright Young Things by Anna Godberson- Like I said, I loved the first Luxe book. So I definitely am looking forward to another series by Anna Godberson.

8. Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr- This was given to me and it seems really interesting. The cover is really pretty and I love the title.

9. Partials by Dan Wells- I've heard a lot of buzz about this lately and am really curious to see what everyone's talking about.

10. Blood Red Road by Moira Young- I purchased this book in June of last year. WHY THE HELL HAVE I NOT READ IT YET?

11. The Maze Runner by James Dashner- I know there are three books and a prequel on the way and so I'm very much behind on this series, but I am determined to catch up!

12. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey- I've heard mixed things about this, but the summary caught my attention. As did the cover. (On a side note: I am kind of obsessed with every cover that HarperTeen does. They are all so pretty and awesome.)

13. Scored by Lauren McLaughlin- This sounds so good. When I read the summary I was like AHHH I NEED TO READ THIS NOW!! And then, you know, I didn't. But I really really want to!

(Okay, I just bought some more books .. *hangs head in shame* So I have to read these too...)

14. Graceling by Kristen Cashore- I feel so ostracized when everyone talks about this book and I've never even read it, so I am very much looking forward to finally reading it.

15. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley- I have been wanting to read this for months! And now I finally have a copy! Yay!

16. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- Another book that makes me feel ostracized that I haven't read it yet. I mean, there's gonna be a movie! I need to get a move on!

And that is all of them. (Except the books I plan on stealing borrowing from my sister.) I think. I'm like, 90 percent positive that those are all the books I have to read. If you've read any of these books, let me know in the comments what you thought. Maybe you can help me decide what books to read next?! Because I don't even know where to start. Thanks! :)

Oh and if you made it to the end of this ridiculously long post, THANK YOU! You are my new best friend. *makes matching friendship bracelets* *does secret BFF handshake* *smiles creepily*

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment