Friday, January 6, 2012

In My Mailbox #1 (Megan)


HELLO PEOPLE OF THE BOOK WORLD! *lowers voice* I'm sorry. Did I deafen you? I'm just REALLY EXCITED. Because if I'm doing this post, that means I got MORE BOOKS. Which is always a good thing. I love books. Books are my best friends. Yes Rachel too. Don't make me state the obvious. But you don't need me to tell you that I love books. Chances are if you are here, you love them too. If not, DO NOT WORRY. WE WILL FIX THAT. So, ON TO THE BOOKS!! I promise I will try to keep my rambling about how excited I am to read them to a minimum.
Look how pretty guys!! :D

Okay, so the pile on the left is the books I ordered using all of the Amazon gift cards that I got for Christmas. (THANK YOU FAMILY) There are also two Kindle books I got with that which are not in the picture for obvious reasons. The pile on the right is the books that I got from www.bn.com using the code Tahereh Mafi tweeted about. (THANK YOU TAHEREH)

1. Let it Snow by  John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
Okay, so as Rachel said in her first John Green Week post, I haven't read his books yet. I know. I'm ashamed of me too. But it's okay, because I BOUGHT them all so now I can read them.(except for An Abundance of Katherines, which Rachel gave me. thank you!!) So obviously this is going to be amazing, because it's a book that's all wintery and full of snow and kissing :) Plus, LOOK AT THE NAMES. It has to be good.



2. Looking for Alaska by John Green
John Green's first book is supposed to be amazing, just like all of his other books. I can't wait to read it, because I've heard so many great things of course, and from reading the description it sounds absolutely amazing.


3. Paper Towns by John Green
Another John Green book....I think I might be looking forward to reading this one the most, because I heard it's absolutely hysterical. Basically, I'm going to be saying almost the same thing for all of his books. I know that they are all awesome. I know that John and Hank are both awesome. And I know that Nerdfighters are made of awesome. So basically I will love his books. I know this already.



4. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
I remember when Rachel first started reading this. She came over for no apparent reason whatsoever as she usually does, and her family came too. There was a lot of screaming, and general LOUDNESS in the basement, so we escaped to my room to  discuss books and be nerdy. I read a bit of the beginning of this and found myself cracking up already before I even really started reading it.



5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Another author I absolutely love. I got Lola and the Boy Next Door awhile ago, but haven't managed to read it yet as its buried somewhere under the giant MOUNTAIN of books I need to read. I don't think its ever going to go away at this point. For every book I read I buy like 20 more. But this is the kind of romance that I know I'm going to love reading. Plus, St. Clair seems really swoony already, and I don't need much more than a swoony guy to satisfy me. ;)

6. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
If you saw my Best of 2011 Debut Authors post, you'll notice that I have already read this book. BUT it was a copy I borrowed from Rachel, read on the bus on our the way to our school's DC trip, and then had to give it back. It was hard, because I really wanted to read this book over and over again. Starcrossed is just that good. If you don't have it, or haven't read it...GO PICK IT UP NOW. This is the kind of book that is totally worth actually owning. Plus, Josephine Angelini is an author I would love to meet, so it's nice to have a book she could sign. Dreamless can't come soon enough!!!!

7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Another amazing debut author that I've already read, yet NEEDED TO OWN. Veronica Roth is another author I would do anything to meet. There are just some authors that if I found out they were showing up in the nearby area, I would find a way to get there. Even if it meant taking a train, just me and Rachel by ourselves, or trying to WALK all the way there(neither of which seem safe when you think about it). That's just what I would do to meet authors that I really love. Divergent is another amazing book who's sequel I NEED. Insurgent will probably take me like a day because I'll be so excited!

8. Angelfire by Courtney Allison MoltonThis book has been on my TBR list since....actually since before I even had a Goodreads account. So a little over a year? I never got around to buying it, but the synopsis sounds great, and I've heard some pretty good things about it. So I'm excited to read it, and you can definitely expect a ramble when I'm done. If you haven't heard of it or haven't read it, I suggest you look it up!



9. How to Save a Life by Sarah Zarr
Judging by the description, this book is just a bit more sad than some of the others on the list. Still, every time I hear about it, my interest is spiked. Rachel just bought this too, so you'll probably be seeing one of us do a ramble. Most likely whoever gets around to reading it first. I do have to mention though, that when I was searching for this image, a bunch of pictures of the album by the Fray popped up. This amused me, because Rachel starts singing that song anytime you mention the title of this book.


10. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Rachel did a ramble about this book the other day. She literally finished it in about like 3 hours. That's how good it was. OF COURSE  I had to order it then! Plus, the cover is pretty, and the idea of the book is amazing. It seems like the perfect romantic comedy that will make a nice, light read. Plus, it isn't that long, which is great if you happen to be someone who doesn't like really long books. Not that I personally care. The 5th Harry Potter Book is 870 pages long after all. You can check, but that's right. I don't know why I know that. But I do. *is a nerd*

11. Vanish by Sophie Jordan
This is one of the two books I downloaded onto my Kindle. I read Firelight on there over the summer, and I LOVED it. There was something so unique about the story and the world. I'd never read a book about dragons before, so I didn't really know what to expect. What I found was that the draki world is absolutely amazing, the characters are great, and I adore Will. (There are too many swoony guys named Will. It gets confusing.) Plus, the covers on both Firelight and Vanish are GORGEOUS. I can't wait to read this one!


12. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
This is also a Kindle Edition. I remember hearing about this book on Mundie Moms at some point over the summer. It's a dystopia, and it sounded AMAZING. I remember thinking "I need to read this NOW!" So I clicked on over to Goodreads, and added it to my TBR list. Then I happened to notice the publication date, and saw it wasn't out for another couple of months. I was so disappointed that I'd have to wait! I'm glad this book is out now, so I can read it!




And there you have it! That's all of the books that showed up in two giant boxes at my house today. That was a nice "coming home from school after a really annoying day when you're sick and think you might die" present. So thank god for Barnes and Noble and Amazon for getting these books here on time. There are also the MANY, MANY books that I have borrowed kind of accidentally stolen from Rachel that I AM  going to read, and I AM going to give back. I promise. Sorry Rachel!
I'm off to go read some books! Feel free to comment below and tell me if you've gotten any interesting books lately! *dashes off*

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment