Sunday, January 29, 2012

Megan Rambles About Let It Snow

From Goodreads: The weather outside is frightful, but these stories are delightful! When a huge blizzard (that doesn't show signs of stopping) hits, Gracetown is completely snowed in. But even though it's cold outside, things are heating up inside, proving that the holiday season is magical when it comes to love. In three wonderfully (and hilariously!) interconnected tales, YA stars John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson create a must-have collection that captures all the spirit of the holiday season.

 I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH.  I know I've been reading all of John Green's books recently and been saying that about every single one, but that's because they're all so GOOD. This book made me feel like it was the holidays again, and when I uncurled from my little ball on the couch, I was seriously expecting there to be a ton of snow piled up outside my windows. However, all I found was a windy, too warm for snow but still really cold day. That is how wrapped up I was in this book. I completely forgot that Christmas and the holidays were over a month ago. 


That said, I also loved the characters. Jubilee is awesome, and hysterical. With just a tiny hint of crazy. I wish she was real, because I would love to hang out with her sometime. Stuart. OH MY GOD STUART. He's adorable. I love him so much, and he was the cutest guy ever, but also dorky in a way that only made me love him more. Jeb was also quite possibly the sweetest guy EVER, Tobin was adorably nerdy and I also loved him. Basically, all of the characters in this book were brilliant, and I loved reading what happened to them in this GIANT BLIZZARD. The only character that kind of annoyed me sometimes was Addie, but even she turned out to be alright in the end. 


I also loved the fact that I could tell which author wrote each story, yet they all seemed to go together so well. It was like one person wrote the book, but somehow managed to make each story sound slightly different. (If that even makes sense.) I laughed so hard I cried through half of this book, and the ending was so perfect I loved it! It left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, wishing for the holidays all over again. I mean, who doesn't love a book where people spend Christmas trying to get through a blizzard to a Waffle House to see a bunch of cheerleaders. While carrying Twister. Just saying. You should really read this book. 


And now, I'm off to go start Will Grayson, Will Grayson. *waves*
DFTBA
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment