Sunday, January 22, 2012

Megan Rambles About The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Isn't this cover absolutely gorgeous?
From Goodreads:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Let me start off by saying how much I absolutely LOVED this book. I had already heard such great things about it from everyone who had read it, and I couldn't wait to read it myself. So a couple of days ago I stayed home from school because I had a really bad cold and absolutely no voice. While that kind of sucked to say the least, I got to read a really good book instead of sitting in class! IT'S ALL GOOD! 

This is the kind of book you just want to curl up on the couch with, and read the entire thing in one sitting. Which is exactly what I did. In about 6 hours, I DEVOURED this book, and fell in love with the characters. I loved Hadley so much, because she was very real. Even though Oliver is totally hot and adorable and completely swoon worthy, Hadley wasn't all "OH.MY.GOD. HE'S SO HOT I CAN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE" the entire time, which I respect. Plus you could really feel for her throughout the entire story. She was just a very real character.

OLIVER. OMG YOU GUYS OLIVER. *HUGS* I love him so much. He's adorable, has his problems, and he ISN'T perfect. Which is why I love him. Oliver was another character that was realistic. The entire relationship between Hadley and Oliver was great, and completely believable. The only question this book left me with is WHY ISN'T THIS BOOK REAL?? Seriously, I've been in air ports hundreds of times, and I've flown to all kinds of places for all different reasons. Why is it that this has never happened to me? I would like to go to an airport one time, and meet an Oliver. 


So I'm off to figure out how to make this happen to me. That's how awesome this book was! It sucked me into the story, and I found myself wandering around London with Hadley, and flying across the ocean with her too. If you haven't read it, well...WHAT ARE YOU DOING? *points* Go pick a copy of this up! You won't be disappointed!

*dashes out of room* OLIVER! WHERE ARE YOU???
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment