Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Megan Rambles About An Abundance of Katherines

LOOK WHAT I FINISHED YOU GUYS. AND HOLY CRAP IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!! Yes, I know I am VERY far behind. Very, very far. BUT. I am going to read all of John Green's books as quickly as I possibly can. As I write this, Rachel is in New York, meeting John, and Hank, and Katherine, and maybe Maureen Johnson because Twitter says she is going to. *loves Twitter* Ahem. ANYWAY.

From Goodreads: When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washedup child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun–but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl. Love, friendship, and a dead Austro-Hungarian archduke add up to surprising and heart-changing conclusions in this ingeniously layered comic novel about reinventing oneself.




OMFUGGINGG YOU GUYS THIS BOOK WAS SO AWESOME. I mean, I kind of loved Colin, he was adorable in a kind of nerdy way. Even if all of his crazy equations made absolutely no sense to me. Plus, I mean you can't help but feel for the poor guy. Getting dumped 19 TIMES? All by girls named Katherine? That really sucks. And then there is Hassan. I love Hassan. He is kind of amazing. I kind of want him to be my best friend, because he's hysterical. I can't tell you how many times I was practically crying while reading this book....because I was laughing so hard. 


DINGLEBERRIES!!! Okay, come on, you know I had to do it at least once!! No promises I won't randomly do it again. Anyway, so I pretty much loved all of the characters in this book, Lindsey is just awesome. I loved how honest and open she was, and the little quirks that made her seem so realistic. Hassan and Colin too each had their own little quirks that made them not fit in, but at the same time, made them really awesome characters.


Hassan and Colin's friendship is so cool too. How often do you have a best friend who will go along with any schemes and tricks you come up with? Not very. I loved the way the two of them made up different stories to trick people, like the first time they met TOC.(I would explain this in greater detail because its hysterical, but I don't want to spoil anything in case there is someone reading this who hasn't read this book yet) If there is, it's okay. I'm in the same situation as you. Just go pick up John Green's books NOW, and READ THEM ALL, and it will be ALL GOOD. You won't regret it. 


So now Rachel will be happy, because I have read a John Green book. And as soon as she brings my books back signed signed or not they will be awesome, and Rachel is awesome for even trying to get them signed. All together now......THANK YOU RACHEL!!! But it's not like she forced me into reading John Green's books or anything. I love John, and Hank, and they are awesome. I have wanted to read John's books since forever. I just finally made it a priority. So, I'm off to go read again. Since Rachel has the JOHN GREEN BOOKS with her, I shall go read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifeer E. Smith. And you know, do homework at some point. Procrastinating FTW!


I'm so excited I can finally start saying this you guys!
DFTBA.
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment