Saturday, January 21, 2012

Megan Rambles About Hollowmen

From Goodreads:
the sequel to Hollowland....

After six months in the quarantine, Remy finds out things are much worse than she feared. Her plans to escape come with a heavy cost, and she realizes that zombies aren't the worst of her problems.


 So I finished this a few days ago, and I didn't really know how to put this review into words. I loved Hollowland, and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, because spoilers suck. Basically, I liked this book, but I was also disappointed with it. There was a lot of the same things that I loved, like Remy being a complete bad ass and killing a ton of zombies, or Ripley, the super awesome lion that I love. Plus there were the actual zombies, which kept me on edge the entire time I was reading this. 


The new characters were great, as well as the return of some of my favorites from the previous book. This was a good follow up to a great first book, but I was a bit disappointed with the ending. It was an ending, but it was also very open ended. There were so many unanswered questions, and in my mind, a lot of different places the story could go after this. I know there isn't a third book right now, but I really hope that eventually there will be. So even though I was slightly disappointed in the ending, I still loved this book and I highly recommend the series. If you're a fan of zombies, or even if you aren't, check these books out! You won't regret it. 


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment