Sunday, January 1, 2012

In My Mailbox #1 (Rachel)

Hey, everyone! Happy New Year! I've collected a ton of books the past few weeks, so I thought I might as well do my first In My Mailbox.

 
In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.

I got the first seven of these books from my dad for Christmas. (After having to tell him that, no I don't want Uggs. I'd rather have books. Yes, I'm that much of a nerd.) He took me to Barnes and Noble and I got to pick out a bunch.
The rest of the books are from my awesome aunt and her publisher friends.
Yay for family who supports my book buying habit obsession:)







1. Hate List by Jennifer Brown

This is a book I've had my eye on for awhile but haven't gotten around to reading. It definitely sounds interesting. I can't wait to read it!








 2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I have no idea why it took me so long to buy this book! I've heard so many amazing things about it and I'm glad I finally have the chance to read it.





3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Another book I've heard great things about but haven't gotten around to reading yet. Also: Creepy cover. I like it :D







 4. How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr

Every time I see this title, I automatically start singing How to Save a Life by The Fray. Good song, haha. Sounds like a good book too.
 




5. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

I know, I know. I can't believe I haven't read this yet! But that will change now that I have my very own copy :)






6. The Predicteds by Christine Seifert

I read the synopsis for this book the other day and was like THIS SOUNDS AWESOME I MUST READ IT NOW. So when I saw it at Barnes and Noble I immediately grabbed it.



7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

(I don't think this book is even supposed to be released yet. But I guess they started shelving it already.)
How can this book not be awesome? I love the title. I love the synopsis. I love the cover. I'm so excited to read it!




8. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

I actually started reading this already, and it's awesome. It's not anything like what I normally read, but I am really liking it so far.





9. The Maze Runner by James Dashner

This has been on my to-read list for awhile, and I'm so happy I finally own it. I've heard lots of amazing things about this book, so I will definitely be reading it soon.







10. Scored by Lauren Mclaughlin

This book sounds awesome. I saw something about it online somewhere (okay, wow. That was vague. Sorry about that.) and it just seems like a really interesting concept.





 11. The Summer I Learned to Fly by Dana Reinhardt

I hadn't heard of this book until it was given to me, but it sounds really interesting. I love the cover and the title. I'm thinking I'll save this book for the spring/summer, though. I can't really read about summery books when it's all cold and icky.




12. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

I haven't read Unearthly yet because it's in my mountain of a TBR pile. But I absolutely LOVE the covers for both Unearthly and Hallowed. They are shiny and pretty and purple/blue. I love them. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and stuff, but really. How can a book with that cover not be good?





So there it is. My first In My Mailbox. Please comment and let me know if you've read any of these books. I'd love to hear your opinions:)

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment